PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Grand Prix May 29-30th (Istanbul)

figo
May 21st, 2010, 01:19pm
3rd for Webber?

daft_mx5
May 21st, 2010, 02:41pm
Hate Red Bull, but I like Webber. Good for him.

figo
May 21st, 2010, 02:46pm
seb look pretty pissed in Monaco lol

1Morelap
May 21st, 2010, 03:17pm
Hate Red Bull, but I like Webber. Good for him.

ditto.

Gojira
May 22nd, 2010, 01:46am
You guys should come down to the Tifosi Clubhouse and watch it with a bunch of F1 fans :)

Gojira
May 30th, 2010, 12:15pm
3rd for Webber?

Haha, you got it right!

Wow, what a race, best one this season in terms of scrappage! Vettel takes himself out after trying to pass Webber for first place and taking both RB's out of the 1-2 finish. Oh man, I wish I could listen in on the arguments that must be going on in the paddock post race! I think this might be the turning point in RB. Webber will never trust Vettel again!

After boring Monaco, I was expecting somewhat of a procession for this race. Well I stand corrected, Vettel feeling the pressure and pulling off the douchebag move, Lewis giving Button a passing lesson, Ferrari and Mercedes on a sunday drive (I wonder who Massa will be working for next season), Kobayashi finally getting an overdue and well deserved point and it seems that Micheal may finally be getting in form. I hope Canada continues to entertain.

Lizard King
May 31st, 2010, 10:46am
Saw that crash live. Couldn't believe it. I rewind'ed like 5 times. Mind boggling they would do that.

Gojira
May 31st, 2010, 12:27pm
Apparently there's more animosity than meets the eye at McLaren too. I was listening to the post-race BBC podcast this morning and apparently both drivers were told to "save fuel" which is their team's way of saying "OK, RB is out, we have 1-2 finish coming, bring it home". Hamilton was in first obeying team orders and suddenly Button comes charging through and takes first! LH had to fight back and wrestle first back from Button. Haha, backstabbing between team mates in both Red Bull and McLaren. Awesome!

S'gonna be a good season. Bring on Montreal! Ole!

Lizard King
June 1st, 2010, 11:00am
How much for decent tickets in MTL?

Never been, but it sure would be fun. Maybe I could go with a pro like Greg. You know so I could get color commentary as shit happens.

daft_mx5
June 1st, 2010, 11:23am
Oh man so pissed I am going to miss the GP.
Honestly the loudest thing I have ever heard! Bring earplugs or be prepared to pay 5$ for them at the track!

Gojira
June 1st, 2010, 01:20pm
If you've never been, avoid general seating. They are worthless. You see nothing, but hear everything. It's brutal. Go for something in the hairpin, lots of action and the big screen there keeps you on top of all the happenings. Good seats are gone I think, and forget about getting hotel space in the city core.

Seb, you need to go at least once! I say we plan next year as a group. :)

1Morelap
June 1st, 2010, 01:32pm
yuh, I've done General admission, had to get there at 6am and run to a spot.. I hear it... I hear it... where'd it go? stand higher!

Also had seats in the hairpin and front stretch, good times there, full TV coverage, atmosphere alone is worth it. walking the track after the race is sweet.

aren't tickets like 400$ now?

figo
June 1st, 2010, 01:40pm
i would be up for it next year!